DK-2800 Kongens Lyngby
Tel: + 45 4525 1449
Fax: + 45 4593 2850
Mobile: +45 6150 6019
Education and Degrees:
- 1969: MSc (civil engineering)
- 1973: PhD (hydrology)
- 1993: Dr. Techn.
- Analysis of extreme hydrological events. At-site and regional
assessment of floods and droughts. Climate and land use change impacts on
- Catchment-scale hydrological modelling. Land surface – atmosphere
interactions. Parameter identification and uncertainty assessment in
- Planning, optimisation and reliability of water resources systems.
Conjunctive use of groundwater and surface water. Regional water resources
- Basic hydrology; Surface water hydrology; Groundwater hydrology.
- Integrated water resources management.
- Supervision of PhD and MSc projects.
- Head, Department of Hydrodynamics and Water Resources, DTU,
- Editor, Hydrology Research, 1986-2011.
- Director, Groundwater Research Centre, DTU, 1989-2001.
- Deputy Chairman, Danish Water Resources Committee, 1994-2003.
- President, International Commission on Water Resources Systems
- Vice-President, International Association of Hydrological Sciences
- More than 100 refereed papers.
- Editor and co-editor of 13 refereed conference proceedings.